So, I have been having a ton of thoughts going through my head lately about how different Chiropractors are from Medical Doctors. I just had to document and share.
Lizzy has been having a few issues lately with different things (nothing really major). At the end of February, we took her into urgent care because she was in so much pain. Aaron took her in and told the doctor what he thought it was and what the symptoms were. They prescribed some antibiotics and said that should probably take care of it unless we wanted to do a bunch more tests and maybe some x-rays. Aaron was not happy with that and said he didn't want to do any tests on her. They left the clinic and went to Walgreens to get the prescription and found an extremely long wait before they could even get that filled. Lizzy, all the while, was screaming and unhappy that the doctors hadn't done anything to help her pain.
Yesterday, we took her to the Chiropractor, her Uncle Alex. Literally, within 5 minutes of being there in the office, Lizzy was already feeling better. He adjusted her, gave her some suppliments according to some of the strength tests he gave her and we were on our way. We even stopped by Costco on our way home to get a few things. She was a completely different little girl. She said, "Mom, I like going to Uncle Alex and Grandpa more than going to other doctors?" She is so great about taking the suppliments. It was funny this morning when I went into the kitchen I came across a little girl eating her suppliments with a very sour look on her face. I'm so happy that she is willing to eat things she doesn't like. I would much rather go the Chiropractic approach to things unless I absolutely have to go to a medical doctor. We are so grateful to have Chiropractors in the family so that we are able to avoid the antibotics sometimes.
She is definately on her road back to recovery... she better be, afterall, she has a birthday on Saturday. My baby is turning 5! Oh how time flies!

4 comments:
So happy she is feeling better. Please send her big birthiday hugs from all of us, down south! We will try to call;0)
wow, your chiropractor sounds handsome ;) glad she's feeling better!
I miss going to a chiropractor! And Lizzie is so darn cute... : D
we were so happy to be at Lizzy's party. I am glad that she is feeling better. love you guys.
Post a Comment