Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Glory of God

This may seem more like a journal entry than a blog post but it had to be posted with this picture because the experience would not mean anything without the picture to go with it.  On Wednesday  at institute I attempted to help the students understand the transfiguration of Jesus Christ and his apostles on the mount of transfiguration.  It was difficult to explain but I felt in my heart that I had gotten a small glimpse of it and understood it as much a I could understand such a spiritual occurrance.  I even called and talked to my mom and Dad about what they thought it meant before I taught the concept.  We read in the Bible dictionary about what transfiguration means and the word "Glory" really stood out in my mind.  I knew that transfiguration involved light and knowledge that was given to Jesus and his apostles but my heart had never really understood the word, Glory.  They were given the priesthood of God and the knowledge and light that they needed to lead the church after Christ's death.  They were changed to a brighter and more glorious state because of the knowledge and power that they were given.  I loved studying that special part of the New Testament  with my students but still felt it lacked because it's so hard to apply that to our lives.

 The next morning as I was driving home from the gym I saw one of the most glorious things I had ever seen in the sky.  I had to pull over because of the tears.  I took this picture, which does not do what I saw justice, but it reminds me of what I saw and felt that morning!  I felt something that cannot be explained through words.  I felt the love, the Glory, the Power, the Eternal nature of Heavenly Father.  The light behind the clouds was so symbolic of what my life has been like.  I do so many things that attempt to keep the spirit and the light out but Heavenly Father is always there trying to light my way and be there for me.  I am so grateful for the fact that I can repeat the same mistakes over and over and still be forgiven and that he is waiting and wanting me to ask for his light  and his glory so that I can experience life in it's fullness.  Like I said, the feelings just can't be explained in words.   I just love it when I am able to catch a glimpse of God's Glory and that motiviates me to be better!

No comments:

Families are Forever!

Families are Forever!
What a great blessing

I sure do love my family!

I sure do love my family!

Our 3 little ones!

Our 3 little ones!
We have been so blessed!!!

My parenting plan!!

I have been thinking a lot lately of what I need to teach my kids to help them become independant physically, spiritually and mentally so when they turn 18 they will be able to survive on their own. The last 9 years has flown by so quickly I can't believe it. Nine more years and my first child will be old enough to be on his own. That is a real wake up call for a mother who hasn't prepared her children for those important days. I realize that I have gone on way to long without a list of what needs to be learned and done by what age so that my kids will not be horrified when they get out into the world alone. So, I've come up with a list of most everything I can think of that would be important for my kids to know and learn and what ages they should be capable. Of course, every child is different and is capable of different things at different ages. Some learn things faster and are more motivated. Others would like to just live in the home cave for the rest of their lives and have no motivation to do any of it. So, I am including my fairly flexible plan. But if you let too many years slip by, you may need to up the work to fit everything in. I got most of my ideas from a very experienced LDS author (Merilee Boyack) who has raised several children successfully! So, hopefully you find this as helpful as I do!