Elizabeth wrote a story that she was asked to read to the School board. I was so sad because I wasn't able to go and Aaron was out of town for a meeting. I asked my Mom and Dad if they could take her so that she wouldn't miss out on the opportunity. I felt torn because it was on a Wednesday night when I was supposed to be teaching insitute. I so wanted to be there! Things could not have turned out more perfect though. My parents enjoyed it more that Elizabeth will ever know. The story was about a Granny Smith Apple that turned into a Grandma. Titled "Lunch at Grandma's" it reads, "Last Monday I was going to my Grandma's house to eat lunch. When I got there I knocked on the door. No one answered but my mom said to just go in. When we went in my mom said she would make lunch. All she saw were apples. She called me in there to pick out an apple, so, I grabbed the apple and I was about to cut it when it started jumping and saying, "Don't cut me!" (in an old and scratchy voice). The apple looked like my Grandma's face. Then the apple said, "I am you Grandma." I said, "What?" It said, "I am your Grandma". "OH!" Then she hugged me. Then the apple became herself as my grandma and all the apples became her food. Then they had lunch.
I didn't even know that the story was about her Grandma! I loved it and was so grateful that they were able to be there for Lizzy's silly little story.
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Families are Forever!
What a great blessing
I sure do love my family!
Our 3 little ones!
We have been so blessed!!!
My parenting plan!!
I have been thinking a lot lately of what I need to teach my kids to help them become independant physically, spiritually and mentally so when they turn 18 they will be able to survive on their own. The last 9 years has flown by so quickly I can't believe it. Nine more years and my first child will be old enough to be on his own. That is a real wake up call for a mother who hasn't prepared her children for those important days. I realize that I have gone on way to long without a list of what needs to be learned and done by what age so that my kids will not be horrified when they get out into the world alone. So, I've come up with a list of most everything I can think of that would be important for my kids to know and learn and what ages they should be capable. Of course, every child is different and is capable of different things at different ages. Some learn things faster and are more motivated. Others would like to just live in the home cave for the rest of their lives and have no motivation to do any of it. So, I am including my fairly flexible plan. But if you let too many years slip by, you may need to up the work to fit everything in. I got most of my ideas from a very experienced LDS author (Merilee Boyack) who has raised several children successfully! So, hopefully you find this as helpful as I do!


No comments:
Post a Comment