Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February (when I didn't forget the camera)

For the Scouts Blue and Gold Dinner Aaron and Christian made a cake together. It was the first time that Aaron or Christian had used fonant before and I had never done it before. I didn't help them at all. I went into the kitchen and observed. It was cute watching them work together, it looked like they were playing with playdough. They did a great job! It was the birthday celebration for 100 years of scouting. We ate pizza, played games, learned a lot of history about the scouting program and even came home with gift for each of our kids. Oh - and Christian's cake won for the fanciest. He and Aaron didn't appreciate that award very much. On the way home they said, "We wish we had done something cool instead, not fancy, that just sounds girly".


This is Meliah and her friend Sammie. They spent scout pack meetings hanging out and doing little clapping games!

I am so awful at this blogging thing. I pretty much just post when I have pictures of things. If I don't take pictures, I just don't blog about it. I figure at least I am blogging, right?

This was our visit to the Train Museum in Sacramento. It was very interesting but the kids wished we had gone to the snow instead. Oh well! At least they learned something!





This is Elizabeth dressed up for her Valentines Day party at preschool. She just loves this handband and was waiting patiently for Valentines day so she could wear it to show all her friends.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a good looking cake.

The Eccles said...

Oh, I am SO sorry...We(3 judges) thought your cake was so pretty...and using fondant and making a bow...it was "fancy!" I am sorry they didn't like the award...I could make them a new one with a more masculine title. It was awesome though...I was VERY impressed!

AaronTara said...

That was a fancy cake... : D
And I love Lizzy's headband.

Kerri said...

love the cake, did you look online to figure it out? I'm impressed, i had to take classes to learn how to do that!!

Becky Nelson said...

Wow, I have wanted to go to that train museum for a while. there is always so much to do when we go down to sacramento. Thanks for sharing. Christians cake looks great too.

Kat said...

I would say that is a fancy cake too, Fancy is better than something like elegant. I can't even think of a different word to describe it, maybe just "The Best Cake ever created by Christian and his Dad" but that's just too long.

Hollye said...

That is an Awesome Cake! I am very impressed ;0) All the family pictures are great to see too. We miss you guys...
Big hugs!

Families are Forever!

Families are Forever!
What a great blessing

I sure do love my family!

I sure do love my family!

Our 3 little ones!

Our 3 little ones!
We have been so blessed!!!

My parenting plan!!

I have been thinking a lot lately of what I need to teach my kids to help them become independant physically, spiritually and mentally so when they turn 18 they will be able to survive on their own. The last 9 years has flown by so quickly I can't believe it. Nine more years and my first child will be old enough to be on his own. That is a real wake up call for a mother who hasn't prepared her children for those important days. I realize that I have gone on way to long without a list of what needs to be learned and done by what age so that my kids will not be horrified when they get out into the world alone. So, I've come up with a list of most everything I can think of that would be important for my kids to know and learn and what ages they should be capable. Of course, every child is different and is capable of different things at different ages. Some learn things faster and are more motivated. Others would like to just live in the home cave for the rest of their lives and have no motivation to do any of it. So, I am including my fairly flexible plan. But if you let too many years slip by, you may need to up the work to fit everything in. I got most of my ideas from a very experienced LDS author (Merilee Boyack) who has raised several children successfully! So, hopefully you find this as helpful as I do!