
Dad with 5 of his children (I was the next to come)

My wedding day!

My dad turned a year older today. He looks way younger than he is. My dad is one of the greatest men I have ever met. He has always been there for me and for my little family. He has taught me to be righteous by his quiet example. He is a funny guy that loves to tell stories and has the quickest witt! I always laugh at his jokes... probably because they are simple enough that I get them. I remember my dad giving a talk in church one time (He didn't seem to have any notes with him) and I was shocked at how easily he was able to share the gospel by what was just in his head. He began his talk by telling how many members were in the church at various points in history and how the church has grown in his lifetime. He told about the changes he had seen in his life as far as his service and experience in the church. Then he said something that really stuck with me, "I am so grateful to be a part of this church, I know it is true". I felt the spirit so strong and knew that my dad has lived his life for the gospel and for building the kingdom of God. I'm grateful for him and for all those who came before him that contributed to the kind of man he is.

2 comments:
That must be where you get it from!!! Yea for a great posterity!
Beautifully written.......
Post a Comment