Today was a wonderful day. Yesterday my dad and mom came and took the kids to Ivan's baseball game. They had such a great time with G & G and their cousins. Today is Father's day and I have reflected a lot on the examples that I have seen in my life of what a father should be (My own father, Aaron's father and the father of my children, Aaron). I am so grateful for examples they have set for me and for my children. Christian turns 12 this week and receives the priesthood, which has made me even more grateful for the wonderful men that have been a part of his life. He is a true reflection of his family and I am so grateful for that legacy. My joy comes from seeing my children do what is right and make decisions that reflect what they have been taught all of their lives. Christian played the piano in Sacrament Meeting today and did an amazing job. My eyes filled with tears as he played a medley of "I believe in Christ" and "I know my Redeemer Lives". I was even more emotional when I looked over at Aaron and saw how emotional he was while Christian was playing the piano.
Now for the fun stuff! We made breakfast in bed for Aaron and did a treasure hunt for him. Each of us did one of the treasure hunt notes and it turned out super cute. Aaron was so cute because he would act like he couldn't find some of them that were easy to find.

No comments:
Post a Comment