Friday, January 22, 2010

My new adventure!

This week I have started watching 3 additional children every weekday from 8:30 am to 3 pm. The kids are ages 3, 2 and 1! My home has not been child proof for quite awhile. Elizabeth was never a climber. She has really been a pretty calm child and so I have been completely out of touch with babies and toddlers and how busy they can be. It has been an adventure because I am learning new things about myself and how important it is for me to rely on prayer. I am learning that the things that seem impossible are quite possible with the help of Heavenly Father. Things have come to my mind that are not my thoughts. Light and knowledge on how to deal with certain behavior problems have been an inspiration and have seemed to work so well. I am humbled to know that I couldn't do this without my Heavenly Father. I am simply amazed by the blessings of strength, knowledge and patience that I have been given this week.

Today, I went to do an Art lesson for my son's 5th grade class, I felt like it was so easy to do, when in the past it was a challenge. I loved it and was so grateful for the opposition and difficulties that I have experienced this week that made me realize how pleasant it really is to teach 5th graders! Opposition sure does help me. The harder things are, the stronger I will be in the end. Happiness comes with the simplest little blessings!!!

6 comments:

Sorensen's said...

Michelle you are an awesome lady! Thank you for your great example!

Kat said...

So does that mean you want me to drop off Abby and Bradford too, heck it will only make you stronger. Just kidding I would miss them way too much.

The Eccles said...

ditto...you are awesome!
...and let me help with the carpool!

Hollye said...

Wonderful Wisdom!! Luv you!!!

Patsy said...

You are amazing. I did this years ago and found it challenging. Your attitude is remarkable!

Jinnyruth said...

Wow! That's a lot of additional craziness. You are one great lady!

Families are Forever!

Families are Forever!
What a great blessing

I sure do love my family!

I sure do love my family!

Our 3 little ones!

Our 3 little ones!
We have been so blessed!!!

My parenting plan!!

I have been thinking a lot lately of what I need to teach my kids to help them become independant physically, spiritually and mentally so when they turn 18 they will be able to survive on their own. The last 9 years has flown by so quickly I can't believe it. Nine more years and my first child will be old enough to be on his own. That is a real wake up call for a mother who hasn't prepared her children for those important days. I realize that I have gone on way to long without a list of what needs to be learned and done by what age so that my kids will not be horrified when they get out into the world alone. So, I've come up with a list of most everything I can think of that would be important for my kids to know and learn and what ages they should be capable. Of course, every child is different and is capable of different things at different ages. Some learn things faster and are more motivated. Others would like to just live in the home cave for the rest of their lives and have no motivation to do any of it. So, I am including my fairly flexible plan. But if you let too many years slip by, you may need to up the work to fit everything in. I got most of my ideas from a very experienced LDS author (Merilee Boyack) who has raised several children successfully! So, hopefully you find this as helpful as I do!