Friday, April 3, 2009

Whew! I'm so glad it's FRIDAY!

Wow! It's been a long week! I'm so happy that it's Friday. I have subbed all week and somehow managed to keep the house from turning up-side down (thank you Aaron). Eventhough we have been in survival mode all week we did survive, no one was forgotten and we are all still alive, thanks to my mom and dad, Dominica, Amanda, and my sister Kathryn. I was definately an airhead about several things but it all worked out okay. A couple of things I learned this week... teachers really don't get paid enough and aren't appreciated enough (I'm not really a teacher, so I can say that)and I am so grateful that I can stay home and take care of my children and that I'm not working full time! I love being a mom to my children, but not really to everyone else's kids!

Christian's Mission and report were due on Monday (which we made out of sand and cement... I don't recommend this, it was soo heavy!) He did get an A+ but in all, seriously, who deserves the grade? Afterall, how many times did I remind him to do it? How much of it did he really do? Okay, so he really didn't care as much as I did and he knew it, so he took advantage! Oh well! It's over and I'm so grateful.

On Wednesday, April Fools day, I made cupcakes for dinner (I saw the idea in Family Fun). The kids were a little confused and said,"April fools, right?" But what they didn't realize was that the cupcakes were made out of meatloaf and mashed potatoes! It was cute to see their funny faces and their comments. They informed me that they did really like the meatloaf and mashed potatoes eventhough it wasn't what they expected!


5 comments:

Kat said...

love the meat April fools joke, you are such a great mama, see you soon as you are watching our kids soon after your crazy week. Lova ya

Amy Collins said...

I don't know how teachers do it either...glad you survived the week. I love that April Fools idea, I wish I would have done something more exciing! You are a great mom, hope to see you around soon.

Hollye said...

What a stinkin Cute idea!! I am so glad you made it through this week, with the help of family. Can you keep that A+ mission around, when you come for a visit, bring it to us so Preston could have a chance at getting an A+ too.LOL Sounds like it was built tough enough to last generations;0) Smart thinkin!
Love you guys!

Kerri said...

oh my gosh the april fools joke was so smart!!! love the idea, next time you get a great idea like that let me know so i can do it for my family, i'm not that creative! ;)

The Eccles said...

You are not an airhead, Michelle...just human, like the rest of us! Thanks for all you do and for giving my kiddos a ride home all week(and scouts too.)

Families are Forever!

Families are Forever!
What a great blessing

I sure do love my family!

I sure do love my family!

Our 3 little ones!

Our 3 little ones!
We have been so blessed!!!

My parenting plan!!

I have been thinking a lot lately of what I need to teach my kids to help them become independant physically, spiritually and mentally so when they turn 18 they will be able to survive on their own. The last 9 years has flown by so quickly I can't believe it. Nine more years and my first child will be old enough to be on his own. That is a real wake up call for a mother who hasn't prepared her children for those important days. I realize that I have gone on way to long without a list of what needs to be learned and done by what age so that my kids will not be horrified when they get out into the world alone. So, I've come up with a list of most everything I can think of that would be important for my kids to know and learn and what ages they should be capable. Of course, every child is different and is capable of different things at different ages. Some learn things faster and are more motivated. Others would like to just live in the home cave for the rest of their lives and have no motivation to do any of it. So, I am including my fairly flexible plan. But if you let too many years slip by, you may need to up the work to fit everything in. I got most of my ideas from a very experienced LDS author (Merilee Boyack) who has raised several children successfully! So, hopefully you find this as helpful as I do!