Well, last night I was able to attend my own funeral! It was so hilarious! I thought that I was going to my nephew's birthday party but it ended up that I walked into my sister's house and I was seated and handed a program to my own funeral. Everyone was wearing black and the table in front was set with pictures of me and a vase full of Calalilies. The program had a horrible picture of me and said, "Beloved years of youth, we will truly miss you. 40 years down, many more to come". It started with some prelude music (Celebrate, by Cool and the Gang), which if you know me that song is sooo me and one of my favorite songs of all time. My dad did the opening remarks. He told everyone stories about me as a younger child. He's so funny because he wasn't prepared to make any comments at all. At the end he started talking about butterflies because there was one above my picture on the program and how they start in a cocoon and turn into beautiful butterflies. Then he started talking about the mayfly and how short their lives are in comparison to the butterfly. My dad majored in zoology and somehow he has retained everything he has ever learned. Anyway, he related that to my life hoping my life would be like the butterfly. My mom spoke of past boyfriends and what an ordeal it was for her. I must tell you it was a bit uncomfortable because of some of the stories that were told of old boyfriends, how mean of a boss I was when I worked for the family, and how fired up I get (just like most members of the family)! But I knew that they were all joking around and it was so funny that I cried. Leah probably cried the most though! Meliah said, "Aunt Leah is a really good actress!" Aaron was so sweet and ended it by telling a story of how when we first met we went to same Unity Conference and that we ended up in different groups. He told about a little hike that we went on and and how somehow he chose outer darkness and I chose the Celestial kingdom and how I was able to come down and bring him back to the celestial kingdom. He said that I have been helping him with the spiritual things for our whole marriage. He is so sweet but really he's the one that keeps me trying so hard, because of his example. I sure love my family! They are so funny and it was definately a birthday party I will never forget (unless, of course I lose my memory soon, which is very possible since I'm getting so old).
This is my nephew Bradford who had a birthday on sunday! He is the cutest!

5 comments:
oh michelle! i hope you had a fun birthday! and you are NOT old by any means!! :) what a fun family you have, and very creative, too! :) i sure have loved knowing you for so long, you are such a dear friend! love you!! :)
Awesome!!!
That's great...oh and by the way I hope I look as good as you at 40!
OH MY GOODNESS!!! THATS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD OF! I'm so sad that I missed it! AH! I can just picture Leah crying! Oh, I love you so much I can't believe how blessed I am to have such a loving and beauitful aunt as you. Thank you so much for helping me in hard times. I love you and hope you had a great birthday!
That is awesome!!! I was hoping you would post what you had done for your birthday, and ito sounds like it was everything you were wishing for and more!!! Best wishes always!!
Post a Comment