We colored eggs this morning and the kids have been having Easter egg hunts all day! They are very good at finding eggs! I am so grateful for my kids, they are so enthusiastic and give me so much joy! They are trying to earn money to go to Disneyland with Grandma. It has been a good insight to their personalities and their shyness. The project for this week is making bread and cinamon rolls for friends and neighbors. The kids walked around the neighborhood and sold to everyone they talked to! 100% success without Christian or Elizabeth saying a word. Meliah did all the talking (pretty much) and didn't seem to mind. I have really appreciated the small things lately, partly due to some of the conference messages and partly due to knowing that I have this time only once. But probably more than anything, I'm able to focus on them more than I've ever been able to before. The Easter egg has so much significance to the meaning of Easter. We have a set of eggs that my mom made for us that I love. It helps the kids to have a little fun and to hear about the resurrection at the same time. The eggs are numbered and they each have an item and scripture in them that tells of the story of the resurrection. The last egg is empty with the scripture in Matthew 28:6, "He is not here: for he is risen". I know that on the 3rd day after he was mocked and scourged and crucified that he was risen. I know that he lives and that we need to follow him, trust in him and try a little harder to be a little better!
Friday, April 10, 2009
Easter Egg Hunt
We colored eggs this morning and the kids have been having Easter egg hunts all day! They are very good at finding eggs! I am so grateful for my kids, they are so enthusiastic and give me so much joy! They are trying to earn money to go to Disneyland with Grandma. It has been a good insight to their personalities and their shyness. The project for this week is making bread and cinamon rolls for friends and neighbors. The kids walked around the neighborhood and sold to everyone they talked to! 100% success without Christian or Elizabeth saying a word. Meliah did all the talking (pretty much) and didn't seem to mind. I have really appreciated the small things lately, partly due to some of the conference messages and partly due to knowing that I have this time only once. But probably more than anything, I'm able to focus on them more than I've ever been able to before. The Easter egg has so much significance to the meaning of Easter. We have a set of eggs that my mom made for us that I love. It helps the kids to have a little fun and to hear about the resurrection at the same time. The eggs are numbered and they each have an item and scripture in them that tells of the story of the resurrection. The last egg is empty with the scripture in Matthew 28:6, "He is not here: for he is risen". I know that on the 3rd day after he was mocked and scourged and crucified that he was risen. I know that he lives and that we need to follow him, trust in him and try a little harder to be a little better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Families are Forever!
What a great blessing
I sure do love my family!
Our 3 little ones!
We have been so blessed!!!
My parenting plan!!
I have been thinking a lot lately of what I need to teach my kids to help them become independant physically, spiritually and mentally so when they turn 18 they will be able to survive on their own. The last 9 years has flown by so quickly I can't believe it. Nine more years and my first child will be old enough to be on his own. That is a real wake up call for a mother who hasn't prepared her children for those important days. I realize that I have gone on way to long without a list of what needs to be learned and done by what age so that my kids will not be horrified when they get out into the world alone. So, I've come up with a list of most everything I can think of that would be important for my kids to know and learn and what ages they should be capable. Of course, every child is different and is capable of different things at different ages. Some learn things faster and are more motivated. Others would like to just live in the home cave for the rest of their lives and have no motivation to do any of it. So, I am including my fairly flexible plan. But if you let too many years slip by, you may need to up the work to fit everything in. I got most of my ideas from a very experienced LDS author (Merilee Boyack) who has raised several children successfully! So, hopefully you find this as helpful as I do!

5 comments:
Amen Sister! I have felt so much better this week too. Conference really helps us re-focus!
Hey we missed you at walmart, we saw your hunny in the bike section while you were battling the Easter crowd!
I would love a copy of those Easter eggs, anything that'll help Alexa understand and know the sacrafice our savior made for us is helpful. Hugs!!
Cute pictures. I would also love a copy of those eggs. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.
What sweet pictures!!! GREAT idea about selling baked goods to the neighbors. We have been recycling up a storm here too, so we can make it;0) Oh the things we do for some good fun;0)
Love you All, and Happy Easter...
what a great idea! you sure are a wonderful mom! if you have time, i would LOVE a copy of the easter eggs, too...:) pretty please. :)
Hope you and your family are well, and thanks for letting me keep up with you guys through this blog! have a wonderful evening! i sure miss seeing you. :)
Post a Comment