Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

I sure do love my little girl. She is an amazing little munchkin with so much personality. These are the things that we all love so much about Lizzy Lou!

*She is always wanting to do whatever I am doing, and as a result knows how to do
many of the chores in the house. She folds laundry, washes dishes, vacuums,
cleans the mirrors and sinks and even gets her own breakfast.

*She is a cutting machine. We don't even need a paper shredder because she cuts
things into such small pieces.

*She loves puzzles and will put the same one together several times in a row.

*She loves avocados, green beans, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes and most vegitables.

*She loves when I substitute teach because she knows she'll get to spend the day at Grandma and Grandpa's house to play with all the special toys!

*She has two best friends that are her cousins on both sides of the family (Isabella and Grace)

*She can write her name legibly, counts to 29 and can recognize all the letters of the alphabet. (She's so ready for kindergarten... but still has another year with momma)

*I often see her singing in the car to some familiar tune with such conviction and seriousness in her face it gives me a laugh. (maybe too much american idol)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Happy Birthday Lizzy!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

7 comments:

Jinnyruth said...

What a cute girl! I can't believe our babies are already so big. Especially yours! What a list of chores. I'm never sure what they are ready for, but I think Helaman is about to get some more work to do...

Kerri said...

love all the pictures!!! hope she had a great birthday!!

Sorensen's said...

Happy Birthday Lizzy--you cute girl!!!

The Eccles said...

Michelle, It was fun to see all the pics of your family...Happy B-Day Lizzy!

Amy Collins said...

Time just goes so fast, it just seems like she was born. By the way when is she going to come over here and play with Cambree, I think they would have fun...I have special toys ;)

Kat said...

What a sweet girl you have, Happy Birthday little smarty. Love you.

Hollye said...

Wow!! That was such a great video. What a sweet girl, and it is clear the JOY she has brought to the family. We hope she had a fabulous celebration!
Hugs to all

Families are Forever!

Families are Forever!
What a great blessing

I sure do love my family!

I sure do love my family!

Our 3 little ones!

Our 3 little ones!
We have been so blessed!!!

My parenting plan!!

I have been thinking a lot lately of what I need to teach my kids to help them become independant physically, spiritually and mentally so when they turn 18 they will be able to survive on their own. The last 9 years has flown by so quickly I can't believe it. Nine more years and my first child will be old enough to be on his own. That is a real wake up call for a mother who hasn't prepared her children for those important days. I realize that I have gone on way to long without a list of what needs to be learned and done by what age so that my kids will not be horrified when they get out into the world alone. So, I've come up with a list of most everything I can think of that would be important for my kids to know and learn and what ages they should be capable. Of course, every child is different and is capable of different things at different ages. Some learn things faster and are more motivated. Others would like to just live in the home cave for the rest of their lives and have no motivation to do any of it. So, I am including my fairly flexible plan. But if you let too many years slip by, you may need to up the work to fit everything in. I got most of my ideas from a very experienced LDS author (Merilee Boyack) who has raised several children successfully! So, hopefully you find this as helpful as I do!