Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Tears turned to laughter!
I have to share this experience because it was so hilarious and I don't want to forget it. Tonight we put Elizabeth to bed early cuz she hadn't napped and the kids wanted to play a game together. We decided to play "Clue" which is funny because we have played it about 6 times in the last week. Christian and Meliah hadn't won a game and they really just wanted to win one game. Aaron and I decided that we would just let one of them win. That was very hard to do because that made the game go on forever. Anyway, Meliah ended up finally winning the game and immediately Christian was devastated. Christian is so darn competitive... no idea where he gets that!He kept saying, "Everyone in the family has won except for me." He was in tears and got extremely angry at Meliah for being so excited. She made him even angrier as we were cleaning up the game. She started organizing the cards with a little jingle in her voice saying, "person, weapon, room...". Well, Christian was fed up with it and said, "stop acting like you are the richest person in the world!" Soon his anger and his tears turned into laughter as his Daddy started cracking up and saying, "I'm the richest person in the world because I say, "person, weapon, room,..." (Of course Aaron hammed it up and used a very high pitched voice). The laughter did not stop there, we couldn't even make it through scripture reading tonight without some rolling on the floor (Aaron couldn't even read anymore, I had to take over). We just could not stop laughing! I'm sure it will be a night we will giggle about for a long time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Families are Forever!
What a great blessing
I sure do love my family!
Our 3 little ones!
We have been so blessed!!!
My parenting plan!!
I have been thinking a lot lately of what I need to teach my kids to help them become independant physically, spiritually and mentally so when they turn 18 they will be able to survive on their own. The last 9 years has flown by so quickly I can't believe it. Nine more years and my first child will be old enough to be on his own. That is a real wake up call for a mother who hasn't prepared her children for those important days. I realize that I have gone on way to long without a list of what needs to be learned and done by what age so that my kids will not be horrified when they get out into the world alone. So, I've come up with a list of most everything I can think of that would be important for my kids to know and learn and what ages they should be capable. Of course, every child is different and is capable of different things at different ages. Some learn things faster and are more motivated. Others would like to just live in the home cave for the rest of their lives and have no motivation to do any of it. So, I am including my fairly flexible plan. But if you let too many years slip by, you may need to up the work to fit everything in. I got most of my ideas from a very experienced LDS author (Merilee Boyack) who has raised several children successfully! So, hopefully you find this as helpful as I do!

6 comments:
I just love those family moments! They are the best! :) Cute story, I'm sure you and your fam will remember it for a very long time!
I still remember times that we couldn't get through family prayer growing up because we couldn't stop laughing. I liked it because my dad was bishop, and everything was serious...it was nice to see that even my dad was human!
Come what may,learn to laugh!
Wwwowie! What a hottie you are Mrs. Frankie want-a-be wife! Your kids look adorible. I love the theme idea and I think I will steal this idea from you (if that is okay)! Your blog sight looks so cute. Great job!
Wwwwowie! What a hottie you were Mrs. Frankie want-a-be wife! Your kids look darling. You did a great job and I can't believe you made the costumes...impressive! I love that you do a theme and I may be stealing that idea from you (if that is okay)! Love you, Nuckles
Oops! I didn't realize I had already posted. Sorry
Post a Comment