Thursday, May 8, 2008

Never use the trick candles on a sweet little girl!

Meliah's birthday was a very busy day! We weren't home much at all due to baseball games and school. We did manage to fit in some cake and ice cream and a "Happy Birthday" song that evening. You will love to see the reaction to the trick candles. Be sure to watch it once to focus on Meliah's face and then watch Christian's face at the very beginning. Perhaps it would have been a better choice to use those on Christian's Birthday Cake next month! Poor sweet Meliah! She told me afterwards that she thought that the house was going to burn down.

Meliah has picked out a baby kitten that we will be bringing home in 1 week. She has named the kitten Shelby and loves it to pieces. We went to visit yesterday and she didn't want to leave. It's a very gentle little kitten (All white with some small black markings).

3 comments:

The Eccles said...

What a sweet girl, you just can't help but to love her! Happy B-day Meliah!

Hollye said...

Meliah,
So wonderful to see you had a good Birthday. We can't wait to be able to celebrate with you again, when we all come to visit, soon! Good choice on a gift. Can't wait to see it too. We love you. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a great video! :) Poor thing! How awesome that she is getting a cat! She will do a great job taking care of it! I love looking at your blog and keeping up with what you and your family have been up to! Your pictures are great! Love ya!

Families are Forever!

Families are Forever!
What a great blessing

I sure do love my family!

I sure do love my family!

Our 3 little ones!

Our 3 little ones!
We have been so blessed!!!

My parenting plan!!

I have been thinking a lot lately of what I need to teach my kids to help them become independant physically, spiritually and mentally so when they turn 18 they will be able to survive on their own. The last 9 years has flown by so quickly I can't believe it. Nine more years and my first child will be old enough to be on his own. That is a real wake up call for a mother who hasn't prepared her children for those important days. I realize that I have gone on way to long without a list of what needs to be learned and done by what age so that my kids will not be horrified when they get out into the world alone. So, I've come up with a list of most everything I can think of that would be important for my kids to know and learn and what ages they should be capable. Of course, every child is different and is capable of different things at different ages. Some learn things faster and are more motivated. Others would like to just live in the home cave for the rest of their lives and have no motivation to do any of it. So, I am including my fairly flexible plan. But if you let too many years slip by, you may need to up the work to fit everything in. I got most of my ideas from a very experienced LDS author (Merilee Boyack) who has raised several children successfully! So, hopefully you find this as helpful as I do!